Rising Damp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rising Damp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread Empty
PostSubject: Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread   Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:39 am

Add to this if you know any odd facts...

1. Rigsby was orignially called 'Rooksby', hence the title of episode 1, series 1!
Back to top Go down
HILTS3188
Maud
Maud
HILTS3188

PostSubject: Re: Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread   Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:09 pm

that wilfrid brambell first played rooksby...i think in 1973...again think the stage play...could be wrong on that though scratch
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

PostSubject: Re: Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread   Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:16 pm

according to the rising damp book, wilfred did play rooksby in i think the london tour of 'the banana box'!
Back to top Go down
HILTS3188
Maud
Maud
HILTS3188

PostSubject: Re: Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread   Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:20 pm

i am a great fan of galton and simpson and the shows "lead man cometh" and "the desperate hours "with leonard are again classics ....especially the latter where he plays an escaped convict

i am sure you are all aware of this , but if not please try and see it

it is an acting tour de force with leonard and harry h corbett Cool
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

PostSubject: Re: Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread   Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:33 pm

my favourite steptoe eppy that one - 4 acting greats at once! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spooner
Maud
Maud

PostSubject: Re: Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread   Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:30 am

Easily the best Steptoe episode, I reckon. It always seemed to me that Galton and Simpson were radio writers. Loads of talk and very little action. Some of the Hancock and Steptoe TV series were insufferably talky. I know it's often good dialogue, but for me it pales in comparison to Eric Chappell or Clement & Le Frenais's sparkling banter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread   Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bet you didnt know...the rising damp trivia thread
Page 1 of 1