Rising Damp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rising Damp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A poor film...

Go down 
+3
steve sheffield
ColinC
Rigsby
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 7:05 am

Despite the episodes being fantastic, I cant help feeling that the Rising Damp film was very poor in comparision.

The material used was the content of many episodes stuck together, and it really could have been so much better.

What is your opinion on it?

Last edited by Rigsby on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ColinC
Maud
Maud
ColinC

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:02 am

The film was rubbish Sad (even with Leonard in it , sorry Leonard)
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:05 am

it had the potential to be brillaint, but it failed with the same old stories stuck together.
Richard Beckinsale had died by then so he was replaced which didnt help.

Despite my appreciation of RD, leonard, frances & co - i doubt ill watch it again for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
steve sheffield
Spooner
Spooner
steve sheffield

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:05 am

Disagree, the film were'nt brill, fair enough, but still funny. My biggest disapointment is that they use a totally different setting as apposed to the series. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:07 am

That always annoys me with film adaptations, but its sadly commonplace in spin-offs.
film studios are used, ruling out the possibilities of filming in the TV studios where the orignal sets are No
Back to top Go down
bluejon
Maud
Maud

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 am

Wasn't very good was it? not compared to the OTB films,or Bless This House(Don't think there's a BTH is there?!!!) Smile
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:09 am

there was a bless this house film in 1972 http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0068285/
Back to top Go down
steve sheffield
Spooner
Spooner
steve sheffield

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:28 am

Yeah the Bless this house film is very good.
Back to top Go down
bluejon
Maud
Maud

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:32 am

My mistake! i knew there was a BTH film(got it on dvd!) i meant to say there's not a BTH forum is there? maybe after this one's got a bit more established?!! Smile

Last edited by bluejon on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:36 am

there is not a bless this house forum....yet. Smile

i havent seen it for ages, so id have to get some dvds to refresh my memory before opening a forum.

Could become the mass conglomorate of comedy forums! Call ourselves the 'rising house buses' gang! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Love Wood
Maud
Maud
Love Wood

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:49 pm

the film was just a few scenes from the series cobbled together to make a bit more money. A rubbish idea, no atmosphere. no Alan, not a patch on the series.
Back to top Go down
Walter Pigeon
Maud
Maud

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:11 am

Yes I agree, the film was dissapointing, as already mentioned a lot of the TV scripts put together. Sadly missing Richard Beckinsale of course. I still watch it from time to time though. I note that Rigsby has an MGB in the film rather than the Triumph Spitfire in the TV series.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:53 am

Yes, he also moved to glorious notting hill and out of an unknown yorkshire city! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rooksby
Maud
Maud

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Rising Damp - The Movie   A poor film... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:41 pm

The film is still very funny - but unfortunately no new script and just bits and pieces put together, making it a bit of a disappointment overall. pale

The loss of Richard Beckinsale doesn't help it either; I suppose at least we find out that Philip is not the 'Son of a Chief', he is in fact from Croydon! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A poor film... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A poor film...   A poor film... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A poor film...
Page 1 of 1