Rising Damp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rising Damp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Christmas episode

Go down 
+3
Fletchy
Rigsby
boglemcneep
7 posters
AuthorMessage
boglemcneep
Maud
Maud

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Anyone know how to get hold of this? It was on at 6 in the morning a week or so ago on ITV4, and I managed to catch the last five minutes after discovering it was on whilst flicking through the channels.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:06 am

It was on a few times over christmas on ITV4, its on the boxset as well.

ill see if i can find it on youtube...
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:14 am

here it is on youtube:
not very good quality, though...

part 1:

part 2:

part 3:

Back to top Go down
boglemcneep
Maud
Maud

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:20 am

Thanks for that. I must have the earlier box-set, because it's not on mine.
Back to top Go down
Fletchy
Maud
Maud

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:40 pm

The box set I have called "The Complete Rising damp" doesn't have the Christmas show!

Is there another set out with this?
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:04 pm

hi fletchy, welcome to the forum:

i ahev this boxst, the christmas one is on disk two

Christmas episode UK139143_118x160
Back to top Go down
Brandy
Maud
Maud

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:14 am

I have the Granada Ventures production which contains all four series, the Christmas Special and The Movie, all complete with sub titles.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:23 am

i think thats the one above, my boxset has all those too.
Back to top Go down
Spooner
Maud
Maud

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:35 am

It wasn't included in The Complete Works box set. I actually bought the "Best Of" DVD because this was one of the four episodes it featured.

I think I'm right in saying that this episode was set on Boxing Day. Just to be pedantic, when was the last time the milkman or postman (woman) delivered on Boxing Day?

Mind you, I might be wrong about it being Boxing Day, so I might just be wittering pointlessly!
Back to top Go down
Walter Pigeon
Maud
Maud

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:05 am

I have just got the Rising Damp collection, just like the one Rigsby describes, this is my second 'complete' set as the first one did not have the Xmas Special. I am watching it as I type this email, looks very funny.
Back to top Go down
Walter Pigeon
Maud
Maud

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:36 am

Yes, definately one of my favorites, just a little dissapointed that it was not a 45 minute episode as some Xmas Specials were in those days.
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Glad you got it walter!
It is a shame it wasnt longer, some sitcom christmas specials were even an hour long.
Back to top Go down
naseby
Maud
Maud

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: bogle   Christmas episode Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Yes, bogle, I had an early box set, which didn't have the film, and also omitted the christmas 'For the Man Who has Everything' episode. Now I have a later issue (Someone bought it for me) which as I mention includes both. good luck pal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas episode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas episode   Christmas episode Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas episode
Page 1 of 1