Rising Damp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rising Damp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bit of a sod

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thee
Maud
Maud

Bit of a sod Empty
PostSubject: Bit of a sod   Bit of a sod Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:24 am

Everybody,I LOVE RISING DAMP-Period.
But Mr Rossiter ,He had His moments
Y'know he was auditioned for the part of Sgt Major in IAHHM,He gave Croft & Perry such an hard time ,telling those comedy genius's,-what to do -what not to do, with the character's-that they took a chance and cast Windsor Davis.
The rest is HISTORY.
Still,Maybe ,their loss ??? scratch
Back to top Go down
Rigsby
Alan Moore
Alan Moore
Rigsby

Bit of a sod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bit of a sod   Bit of a sod Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 6:15 am

I can understand he was a bit of a professional arsehole.. i remember hearing from the bloke who played john in the film that len was forcing him to act like richard beckinsale and made his time on set a misery Sad
Back to top Go down
Thee
Maud
Maud

Bit of a sod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bit of a sod   Bit of a sod Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 am

Yeah,it is usually the way ,with the comedy greats,tears of a clown- and all that.
I can think of a fair few of them ,with a underlying neurosis,but then again,I guess its what makes the comedy work.
And it makes for juicey reading in the auto/biographies Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
docklanders
Maud
Maud
docklanders

Bit of a sod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bit of a sod   Bit of a sod Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:10 am

Tony Hancock is a hero of mine, i loved his work from a really young age, must of been about 8 when i first listened to Hancocks Half Hour, and it wasnt 'til i was about 13 my dad told me how much of a, dare i say it, bars-tired in his personal life, and when i watched Hancock & Joan, although it was sad when he died, it must of been a relief to many, i seriously couldnt of seen him changing his ways like he said he would.

I know its a bit off topic but it just reminded me of that, its funny how the best men/women on stage can be absolute twazzocks off stage Sad
Back to top Go down
http://theronaldiculousblog.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Bit of a sod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bit of a sod   Bit of a sod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bit of a sod
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rising Damp :: Cast & Crew :: Leonard Rossiter-
Jump to: